All Candidate Data is Confidential
HUNT EXECUTIVE SEARCH ANNOUNCEMENT
Our client is a rapidly growing $2B+ iconic global branded personal care products company whose culture is fast paced, entrepreneurial and enables the opportunity to make a significant impact and contribution to the betterment of the organization. If you’re motivated by challenge, having a seat at the leadership table and the ability to collaboratively work with very skilled people across all stakeholder functional verticals, this may be the opportunity you’ve been hoping for.
Title: Vice President Global Procurement – Packaging (JH15543)
Reports to: Chief Procurement Officer
The VP Global Procurement - Packaging is a leadership role that will set the direction for procurement of all packaging materials globally.
Performance Profile Duties/Responsibilities
- Delivery of substantial savings and working capital improvements each year.
- Sustaining and development of formal processes to secure the company’s interests such as contract placement, order process and other business controls.
- Support delivery of corporate objectives such as growth agenda by development and delivery of appropriate initiatives (for example, supplier lead-time reduction and materials agreements, On Time in Full metric process, payment terms improvements, make vs. buy analysis, employ cost mitigation tactics).
- Sets appropriate priorities globally and balances resources accordingly.
- Define and execute short, medium and long terms plans to deliver continuous improvement and value delivery in cost, service, working capital and processes within remit.
- Globalize Procurement’s efforts through increased visibility to spend, coordination of initiatives and priorities across all regions, commodity cost and risk review worldwide.
- Establishes best value supply for New Products to support speed to market and sales objectives.
- Collaborate with Global functional leaders to deliver cost and service improvements.
- Develop supply strategies that promote a strong focus on innovation.
- Establish relevant internal and external communication to ensure effective management of global initiatives and processes.
- Lead team by example through operating with integrity, respect, and trust.
- Groom Procurement talent – develop individual and team competencies by creating challenging/broadening work assignments, identify organizational successors and successor gaps.
- Uphold the Company’s Principles and Corporate Services values, business controls, ethics, policies and procedures, and professional standards.
- Set annual Global budgets, provide market intelligence and direction on supply, cost and commodities impact.
- Deputize for Chief Procurement Officer as required.
- Secure protection for Company through contract terms negotiation and contract construction.
- BA Degree required. MBA preferred or equivalent knowledge gained through experience. English proficiency.
- 15+ years procurement experience, including global procurement.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven project management skills.
- Strong customer service ethic.
- Proven track record in establishing strategic Reporting and Systems contracts and supplier alliances.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytic skills.
- Proven interpersonal and collaborative skills to support working within cross-functional teams, influencing for results and driving improvements.
- Commitment to development of self and team, focuses on creating high-performance teams.
- Communication, creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Able to balance analysis with intelligent risk taking.
- Benchmarking/competitive analysis.
- Product/Service knowledge of Supply Chain Management.
- Enjoys working with the organization in meeting their needs; passionate about making a difference and improving the business.
- Travel required: 15-20%.
If you or anyone you know are qualified and meet the requirements outlined in this announcement, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please Note: this is intended to provide a brief overview of the position described above and is being shared with numerous potentially qualified individuals and organization leaders within our network. We receive hundreds of referrals and inquiries daily from multiple sources.
Regretfully, we are unable to respond to every individual. Please know we will give careful consideration to all inquiries.
All candidate communications will be held in the strictest of confidence. For ethical reasons, we are unable to represent individuals currently employed by any of our protected clients without the client's written authorization.