General Manager – US Hair Care (JH16550)
General Manager – US Hair Care (JH16550)
All Candidate Data is Confidential
HUNT EXECUTIVE SEARCH ANNOUNCEMENT
Our client is a leading US based beauty products developer and manufacturer expanding distribution of fast selling innovative beauty and cosmetic products throughout the US and EMEA.
Title: General Manager – US Hair Care (JH16550)
Reports to: CEO
Location: New York
We seek an experienced and accomplished Commercial (sales/marketing) oriented General Manager to lead the commercial and operations expansion through Retail wholesale/brokers and Professional (salon) distributors throughout the United States. A successful candidate will be a commercial business leader with keen insights and relationships in throughout US markets in mass, drug, grocery, specialty/alternative, and e-commerce channels to rapidly introduce breakthrough innovative products into the hair care and personal care product categories.
This role requires the ability to work independently, yet collaboratively in managing the US haircare business end to end, including new and expanded wholesale/distributors, pre-existing supply chain relationships and collaboration with other functional leadership in R&D, marketing and supply.
The position will own full P&L responsibility for the business enterprise and will be accountable for rapidly expanding sales throughout all viable US channels.
Major Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Develop and implement annual and strategic plan
- Lead the development of the annual and five-year strategic marketing plans for each market and region in line with business objectives and global brand strategies.
- Ensure successful implementation of the strategic plan through execution of annual brand plans.
- Closely collaborate with regional and national distributors and teams to capitalize on expanding brand opportunities for each channel.
- Responsible for P&L management. Delivers the financial goals and targets.
- Develops and delivers channel business strategy to create competitive advantage and ensure integration with overall business goals.
Manage the business
- Provides perspective to the Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance and R&D functions, ensuring consistency between Sales initiatives and plan priorities.
- Execute initiatives and drive toward targets for each channel on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Propose and develop additional resources as required to grow the business rapidly.
- Develop defense plans for competitive activity.
- Lead business development
- Identify and prioritize market-expansion and new business development opportunities across the region.
- Build strategic relationships with top customers within the channels at the senior executive level.
- Identify strategic issues, gaps and opportunities.
- Propose new business opportunities as required to regional and global Business Development.
- Provide strategic organizational leadership for each channel/customer distributor/management team
- Provides organizational and team leadership through alignment, clear strategic direction, priorities and performance expectations to attain aggressive growth goals.
- Monitor and review individual and team performance, providing continuous feedback and coaching.
- Lead all performance management efforts for individual direct reports across geographic regions.
- Address performance issues on a proactive basis.
- 10+ years sales, marketing, and business leadership experience at a senior level in the US, preferably in Haircare, Personal Care, Cosmetics, and/or FMCG.
- 5+ years P&L management experience.
- 5+ years people / team management experience.
- Regional / multi-channel market responsibilities.
- Results focused.
- Extensive travel (50% - 75%).
- Bachelor's of Arts or Science; MBA preferred.
Reports to: CEO
Critical Competencies for Success
Experience: Strong consumer products knowledge, with excellent retail environment and key account market knowledge. Continued track record of success and promotions in Mass/Drug/Grocery channels. "Shopper Driven" strategic selling market strategy experience.
Personal Attributes: Smart, quick and fast moving thinker. Demonstrated propensity towards data driven decisions. Analytical, numerate, fact based, analytically structured, and able synthesize data to come to clear conclusions.
Values/Motivation: Stretching and striving for more. Significant commercial accomplishments. Passion and unwavering commitment to the team, the company and the job.
OTHER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Ø Ability to work in a fast-paced, hard-driving multi-national culture with a lean structure, demonstrated ability to succeed in and to drive a culture of performance.
Ø Must have been successful in a Performance Driven Organization.
Ø Must have an Entrepreneurial mindset.
Ø Ability to operate with confidence, conviction, and command skills to effectively engage with, challenge, and work with senior leaders and work teams.
Ø Must know how to influence strategically at all levels.
Ø The ability to handle multiple priorities; addressing present concerns while keeping an eye on future opportunities will be critical to this executive’s success.
Ø Proven ability to quickly establish significant credibility, trust and support within all levels of the organization (i.e. peers, subordinates and executive committee)
Ø Execute for results by creating a sense of urgency and makes rapid course changes when needed with a global strategic mindset.
Ø Proven ability to solve problems conceptually in collaboration with cross functional groups throughout a fast paced environment.
Ø Strong Accountability, Collaboration, Communication and Execution skills
If you or anyone you know are qualified and meet the requirements outlined in this announcement, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please Note: this is intended to provide a brief overview of the position described above and is being shared with numerous potentially qualified individuals and organization leaders within our network. We receive hundreds of referrals and inquiries daily from multiple sources.
Regretfully, we are unable to respond to every individual. Please know we will give careful consideration to all inquiries.
All candidate communications will be held in the strictest of confidence. For ethical reasons, we are unable to represent individuals currently employed by any of our protected clients without the client's written authorization.
Boutique executive search services with best in class global network, contacts and market mastery.
Deeply connected and engaged personal service approach, long-term investment in client community and 25 year history of strong relations with both Multi-National leaders and Private Equity partners.