CFO - Midwest based Supply Chain Logistics Company
HUNT EXECUTIVE SEARCH ANNOUNCEMENT
Our client is an extremely successful and rapidly growing privately owned supply chain logistics company located in the Midwest. This is an opportunity for a business savvy CFO to actively connect and engage in the overall operations of the company and to make a significant contribution to the betterment of the organization.
Title: Chief Financial Officer (JH11124)
Reports to: President & CEO
The Chief Financial Officer will report to the President and CEO and will be a key member of the executive team. On a functional basis, he/she will oversee all aspects of financial reporting and control, treasury operations, banking relations, tax, audit, risk management, mergers & acquisitions, and the financial planning processes of the company. The individual selected will play an integral role in advising the CEO and other key line executives on corporate financial and business strategies.
The CFO will examine ways to enhance growth and value creation by evaluating internal operations, acquisitions, cash management strategy and the effective use of corporate assets by understanding the financial and operational risks of doing business on a global basis. As a member of senior management, the CFO works closely with the leadership team in setting financial strategy. In addition, the CFO will have accountability for managing the Information Technology, Corporate Procurement and lead a skilled finance staff, assuring that the function remains fundamentally excellent and attracts/retains top professional talent.
The position requires an executive with broad business understanding capable of providing insights, recommendations, and assistance in driving successful operational performance. The successful candidate will:
• Oversee and develop world-class Financial Planning and Analysis, Treasury, Accounting, Audit, Tax, and
• Financial Services functions;
• Be responsible for overall control of financial reporting and evaluating and improving internal financial
• Structure/restructure the company financially to optimize long term results;
• Maximize the company’s cash management strategy;
• Leverage the effective use of corporate assets;
• Apply expert discipline around the allocation of capital;
• Maintain and develop external banking relationships;
• Assist in the company’s mergers and acquisitions efforts and processes; and
• Interface with and develop strong business relationships with the company’s key banks, financial advisors and
Serving as the company’s Chief Financial Officer requires expertise in overall corporate finance policies and guidelines, as well as regulatory requirements. (privately held company-No SOX nonsense) The incumbent must have a capacity for rendering mature business decisions and judgments and must possess in-depth knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
An interesting additional scope of responsibility will be managing the owners finances and financial affairs. This will include state planning, investments, tax strategies etc.
The position requires broad decision-making capability. The CFO analyzes and recommends investment, merger/acquisition and financing opportunities consistent with overall corporate objectives. Through internal capital management and/or external financing, this individual will be accountable to improve the company’s balance sheet.
We seek a highly regarded senior financial executive with extensive experience in a complex environment. More specifically, the successful candidate is expected to meet the following criteria:
• Experience working with the commercial banks and shareholders with highly effective communication skills.
• Proven record in developing an operational and effective financial organization;
• Experience integrating new or existing divisions or acquired companies from a financial and systems point of
• Experience working with information technology staff to manage/upgrade finance/accounting, ERP and
• Enterprise systems.
• Collaborative team player and consensus builder with a distinct "hands-on-mentality" being able to
successfully solve operational as well as strategic challenges.
• Demonstrated competence and experience in implementing and managing rigorous, disciplined financial
controls, financial management systems, and enterprise performance measures;
• Strong personal leadership qualities; a track record of recruiting, motivating and developing a capable finance
• Strong negotiating skills; experienced with mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, divestitures,
industrial/commercial real-estate and B2B professional services is preferred.
• A person of the highest integrity and honesty, who inspires trust and confidence in superiors, peers and
• Well-respected, with proven management, business and financial expertise derived from work with successful
companies; pragmatic, with commercial instincts;
• A fact-based financial executive who can blend logic with intuition and common sense to arrive at the most
appropriate and sensible business decision; and
• A team player and team builder; able to work well with a broad group of professionals, unpretentious and
comfortable working in collaboration with others, open, honest and straightforward in dealing with people,
identifying problems and finding solutions.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance. An advanced degree and CPA strongly preferred.
A highly attractive compensation package that will include a base salary, performance related incentives and LTIP.
If you or anyone you know are qualified and meet the requirements outlined in this announcement, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please Note: this is intended to provide a brief overview of the position described above and is being shared with numerous potentially qualified individuals and organization leaders within our network. We receive hundreds of referrals and inquiries daily from multiple sources.
Regretfully, we are unable to respond to every individual. Please know we will give careful consideration to all inquiries.
All candidate communications will be held in the strictest of confidence. For ethical reasons, we are unable to represent individuals currently employed by any of our protected clients without the client's written authorization.
Please feel free to contact us with your recommendations. Referrals are appreciated!